Match Month raises over $170,000 for area nonprofits
The Jewell County Community Foundation is excited to announce that with the match from the Dane G. Hansen Foundation, our community raised $176,524.95!
Learn more about the donation totals and how your gift will impact our community forever!
Jewell County Community Foundation accepting grant applicationsSeptember 7, 2023
MANKATO, Kan.— The Jewell County Community Foundation is accepting applications for fall grants. Online applications opened September 1 and are due Wednesday, November 1, 2023.
Jewell County Community Foundation awards over $28,000 in grantsJune 7, 2023
MANKATO, Kan.— During its spring grant cycle, the Jewell County Community Foundation awarded over $28,000 to eight projects throughout the Jewell County area. The following organizations received funding:
- Wednesday, November 1, 202311/01/2023 true Fall Grants Due Fall Grants Due Online
Fall Grants Due
- Wednesday, November 1, 202311/01/2023 02/15/2024 Scholarships Open Scholarships Open Online
- Thursday, February 15, 202402/15/2024 true Scholarships Due Scholarships Due Online
- Friday, March 1, 202403/01/2024 05/01/2024 Spring Grants Open Spring Grants Open Online
Spring Grants Open
- Wednesday, May 1, 202405/01/2024 true Spring Grants Due Spring Grants Due Online
Spring Grants Due
The Burn Association
The Burn Association was awarded a grant to upgrade their trucks and tanks with new equipment to have safer and more efficient burns.
"What a blessing to receive this grant! We operate on a very small budget and these grants make a difference" said Charles Smies.
City of Jewell
The City of Jewell installed new welcome signs in their downtown after participating in a "First Impressions," program with Miltonvale.
"The signs will help create a more vibrant, and welcoming downtown area," said grantee Shelby Bohnert.