The community foundation offers a wide variety of scholarships for students like you, provided by the generosity of local donors. Whether you are a high school senior, a current college student, or a non-traditional student we work with donors to help people like you take the next step in your education.
*Due to the climate of the new FAFSA, we are extending our 2024 scholarship application deadline from February 15th, to March 1st.
|November 1, 2023
|March 1, 2024
First time applying?
All applications must be submitted through our online system.
- Create an account.
- Take an online eligibility assessment to match you with scholarship opportunities. *The eligibility assessment is available from November 1st to February 15th.
- Fill out the application(s) and submit!
Already have an account?
If you already completed the eligibility quiz, login to the scholarship portal to:
- complete scholarship applications
- check the status of an application
- complete assigned follow up forms
If you already completed the eligibility quiz from a prior scholarship season, contact the scholarship department at 785-823-1800 or at email@example.com to re-open your quiz and update your information.
Current Scholarship Funds
The Jewell County Community Foundation is an affiliate of the Greater Salina Community Foundation which manages scholarships for itself and other affiliate foundations. Students in this area may also qualify for scholarships from the following community foundations:
Scholarship Funds & Criteria
- Graduating high school seniors in the Solomon Valley area, including Mitchell, Cloud, and Jewell Counties, that are pursuing a major in Instrumental Music or Art.
- Graduating high school seniors in Republic County, KS, with preference to USD 109 students
- Students attending a post-secondary masonry or building trades program at a Vo-Tech, Technical College or Community College
- North Central Kansas sophomores in college attending Cloud County Community College, Fort Hays State University, Kansas State University or the University of Kansas
Greater Salina Community Foundation
- Students attending or planning to attend North Central Kansas Technical College (Beloit or Hays campus) pursuing a building trade degree
- First-generation college student whose parents are immigrants
- Kansas high school seniors, students enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs, or current professionals pursuing a teaching career at USD 327 in Ellsworth, Kansas.
- Graduating community college students planning to attend a 4-year post-secondary institution in Kansas
- Graduating senior or graduate from a high school within the Dane G. Hansen Foundation service area, which is defined as the 26 counties in northwest Kansas north of I-70 and west of I-135/Hwy 81 who are pursuing a major in nursing or another health related field. Preference will be given to students who are a graduate of or who are qualified from Decatur Community High School- Oberlin, KS.
- Any Kansas registered Republican female college student entering at least her junior year or that is attending graduate school at a Kansas college or university with a declared major of Political Science, History, Public Administration, Healthcare, Law or Education
- Students entering their sophomore year or above in college who plan on attending Louisiana Tech University, Oklahoma State University, Washburn University, or Wichita State University.
- Students attending or planning to attend Cloud County Community College, Concordia, KS, to obtain a degree in nursing or a related medical field
- Any Kansas graduating high school senior attending Kansas State University or the University of Kansas
Contact Kyra Lampe, Foundation Coordinator, Jewell County Community Foundation